Individuals who exhibit symptoms such as irregular heart beating, swelling in the lymph nodes, and dry cough should confer with the best pulmonologist in Lahore. The doctor will examine and conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and provide treatment accordingly. People must visit the doctor as soon as they experience unusual symptoms, as an early diagnosis helps prevent further physical health-related complications.
Sarcoidosis refers to the accumulation of inflammatory cells in the lungs, skin, and lymph nodes that can cause shortness of breath and constant coughing. The patient requires immediate medical attention, or it can become the reason for the death. Females are more prone to exhibit signs of sarcoidosis. There is no cure for sarcoidosis; however, the treatment helps manage the symptoms and avoid further complications.
What are the known symptoms that correlate with sarcoidosis?
The individual may exhibit different symptoms based on the type of sarcoidosis. The symptoms include:
- The patient remains inactive due to weakness and lethargy.
- The patient’s caregivers can notice swelling near the neck. The swollen lymph nodes with coughing are a common sign of sarcoidosis.
- The individual suffers from high-grade fever most of the time.
- The patient loses weight without dieting and engaging in physical activities.
The individual with affected lungs exhibits signs such as:
- The patient suffers from persistent dry cough despite the weather condition and allergies.
- The patient experiences shortness of breath, which can cause anxiety.
- The patient experience wheezing.
- The individual experiences chest pain, which can be mistaken for heart disease.
Individuals who suffer from skin sarcoidosis will experience the following symptoms:
- The individual can notice the presence of lumps under the skin.
- The skin appears red, and the person suffers from rashes all over the body.
The symptoms of eye sarcoidosis are:
- The individual cannot focus on objects. Everything appears blurry, and they experience eye pain.
- The individual experiences light sensitivity, which leads to discomfort and anxiety.
What causes an individual to suffer from sarcoidosis?
The exact cause of the disease is not known; however, individuals with a family history of sarcoidosis are at a higher risk of suffering from sarcoidosis. The immune system response causes the formation of granulomas, which affects the functioning of vital organs.
What preventive measures help minimize the chances of suffering from sarcoidosis?
The preventive measures include:
- Individuals at a higher risk of suffering from sarcoidosis due to family history must remain vigilant and avoid exposure to harsh chemicals that may trigger the disease.
- Infections can cause the individual to suffer coughing and shortness of breath; hence, it is essential to maintain hygiene by washing hands after a couple of hours.
- People must maintain healthy body weight and engage in physical activities to strengthen the immune system.
What are the complications associated with sarcoidosis?
The complications associated with sarcoidosis are:
- The individual experiencing the symptoms of sarcoidosis must take proper treatment, as it can become chronic and cause lung infection. The infection can hinder the functioning of the lungs and cause permanent damage to the vital organ.
- An abnormal heart rate can cause cardiovascular disease.
- Individuals are at a higher risk of suffering from facial paralysis and glaucoma.
- The individual may suffer from breathing issues that can affect physical and psychological health.
- The individual can suffer from multiple eye-related problems such as constant pain, vision loss, and sensitivity to natural and artificial light.
The individual diagnosed with sarcoidosis must visit a doctor at Iqra Medical Complex. The competent specialist will provide adequate guidance regarding the effective treatment options and correlating complications that will allow the patient to become aware and prepared. The patient will be able to opt for the best suitable treatment plan that will help them function adequately in every aspect of life without further health-related complications.