Your aircon compressor might randomly stop working. Yes, it’s a sentence you don’t want to hear in the summertime, but unfortunately, it’s something that can happen. In this post, we’ll look at why your compressor might be failing and what you can do about it. So, keep reading if you want to find out more!
What Is an Aircon Compressor?
An aircon compressor is an essential part of any air conditioning system. It is responsible for circulating the refrigerant throughout the system and helps to maintain optimal operating temperatures. Without a properly functioning compressor, an air conditioner would be unable to cool a space effectively.
The compressor is typically located outside the living area and is connected to the indoor unit by a series of pipes. When the air conditioner is turned on, the compressor starts circulating refrigerant through the system. This refrigerant picks up heat from the indoor air and then transfers it to the outdoor unit.
The compressor begins the cycle anew, circulating refrigerant until the desired temperature is reached. An air conditioner can cool a space effectively if the compressor is functioning properly. However, if the compressor fails, the entire system must be replaced.
The Common Causes of a Compressor Failure
Compressors are an important part of aircon. They are used to pump liquids and play a vital role in an aircon. Compressors can fail despite their importance, often leading to significant environmental disruptions.
There are several reasons why compressors may fail. Some of the most common causes include:
- Faulty installation: If a compressor is not installed correctly, it may not work properly and may be more prone to failure.
- Improper maintenance: If the compressor is not properly maintained, it may not operate correctly and may be more likely to break down.
- Worn components: Over time, the components of a compressor may wear out, which can lead to failure.
- Excessive use: If a compressor is used too much, it may break down prematurely.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to certain environmental factors, such as dust or moisture, can cause a compressor to fail.
If your compressor fails, it is important to determine the cause of the failure as soon as possible. This will help you to identify any potential problems and take corrective action.
How To Troubleshoot a Compressor Problem
- Check to ensure the power is turned on, and the unit is properly plugged in.
- Take a look at the air filter and clean or replace it if it’s dirty. If the problem persists, you may need to check the air ducts for leaks or blockages.
- You may need to call a professional for help if all else fails.
How To Prevent Compressor Failure in The Future
There are a few key things that you can do to help prevent your compressor from failing in the future.
- Make sure that you keep your AC unit clean. Dust and dirt can build up on the compressor, causing it to overheat and fail.
- Be sure to check the refrigerant levels in your AC unit regularly. If the refrigerant gets too low, it can cause the compressor to overwork and fail.
- Make sure that you have your AC unit serviced by a professional regularly.
We hope this post has helped you understand a bit more about aircon compressors and why they might fail. If you think that your compressor might be failing, be sure to troubleshoot the problem by a professional aircon company and take preventive measures to avoid future failures.